A good weekend on the Exe - thanks to everyone who organised & assisted!
Photos courtesy of Geoff:
Who else is going to the Exe weekend? I need a back up lift as the people that I was going with are now going with someone else. Please let me know by email or see me at the club - thanks!
More photos courtesy of Geoff, taking advantage of the lingering summer:
Just a quick reminder that there will be a short slideshow and videos at the Clubhouse this Wednesday (12th Oct) at 7pm, with a couple of people talking about pretty amazing trips they've done. Tea, coffee, and possibly even cake! See you there!
Thanks to those of you who offered an opinion on the forums. The balance of opinion was definitely in favour of abandoning them, so that it what has happened. I understand that not everyone uses Facebook, but the forums only work with a critical mass of people using them - unfortunately, we no longer have that. They have outlived their usefulness.
Forum replacements as follows:
- the Club Facebook page. Best for chat, organising lifts and short-notice trips.
- for "For Sale" items, submit a news item to the main page.
- share photos by uploading them to the Club website.
- for whitewater trips, use the mailing list. Coaching discussions - mailing list. If there are a group of people interested in touring trips, or sea trips, or something else, drop me a line and I'm happy to set up extra mailing lists for these also.
- of course, all trips etc. always appear in the Calendar - you don't have to be on the mailing list to find out about them, but it helps with organising lifts etc.
Fantastic weather for the Cuckmere trip last weekend - photos courtesy of Geoff:
If anybody wants a lift up to Tonbridge (via Yalding). I will be at the club at 9am, let me know.
Also don't forget the slide/video show at the club on Wednesday 12th 7pm
Hi all - the forums aren't used that much these days, with most people arranging trips etc. via the Club Facebook page (we also do Twitter) or the Whitewater email list (other lists can be set up on request, just ask). I'm therefore thinking about closing them down - if you have an opinion one way or the other, please drop me a line in the next week or so.